The Library of Mexico was inaugurated by President Manuel Ávila Camacho in November 1946, the first director was José Vasconcelos, who managed until his death in 1959.
It was built at the end of the 18th century to install the Royal Tobacco Factory of New Spain, but it also had other uses, it served as a political prison for José María Morelos y Pavón, from where he departured to his death, being shot in Ecatepec, soon after he left the building. The building was also used to store artillery for many years and has undergone several renovations over time.
With so much history, it is difficult to know the identity of the ghost or ghosts that inhabit this place, the stories, which go from mouth to mouth, especially among those who visit the library regularly, tells about a dark figure, with human form, which looks out the windows and walks through the corridors of the library, his footsteps listen and echo, some claim to have seen him, others say that it is just one more legend of Mexico City. The library is located at #4, Tolsa St. Downtown CDMX.