The Church of San Francisco located in the town of Tlajomulco, about a hundred kilometers from the city of Puebla, on a cliff that is just over 300 meters high, to give you an idea of its size would be similar to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. It is very close to the small colonial city of San Francisco Ixtacamaxtitlan.
Inside, the paint or lime on the walls has been mostly peeled, revealing certain reddish tones of intricate designs, including a repetition of the Austrian double eagle, probably a tribute to Austrian prince Maximilian, who ruled Mexico as emperor by a short period.
The church shows signs of abandonment. Nevertheless it is still impressive. It was for a long time the head of the church in the region. On the wall, next to the main entrance is a stone with the date of completion of the construction of 1622.
At least a dozen large paintings of religious scenes adorn the walls. These scenes have dimensions of two meters by two and a half meters in size and although they are undated and not signed are beautiful works of art.