The Laguna de Yuriria, which is an artificial lagoon, is located in the Abajeños Valleys of the state of Guanajuato (Mexico).
It was built by the Augustinian friar Diego de Chavez and Alvarado in the year 1548, with the aim of having a regulating vessel of the river Lerma.
It has an area of 80 km² and a capacity of 188 hm³. Since 2 February 2004 it has been included as a wetland of international interest within the Ramsar Convention, with a protected area of 150 km².
The Yuriria lagoon is included in the list of most important wetlands internationally. The designation of Ramsar sites comes from the First World Wetlands Convention held in the Iranian city of Ramsar in 1971.